Butterfield Ranch Community



14925 Great Southern Overland Stage Route, Julian, CA, 92036


BOASTING NATURAL DESERT BEAUTY AND TRANQUILITY ON THE RANCH, BUTTERFIELD RANCH COMMUNITY IS ALSO SURROUNDED BY DIVERSE AREAS TO EXPLORE. ENJOY THE OPTION TO GO IN ANY DIRECTION AND FIND YOURSELF AT NEW SITES RELISHING IN ACTIVITIES SUITED FOR EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY.

 

Come not only to enjoy this desert escape for a short time but also enjoy long term living. Own your own Manufactured Home, Tiny-House or Trailer? Come join us at our ranch for as low as $500 Space-Rent. We accept the housing choice voucher program. Don’t have your own dwelling, purchase one from us directly with our lease to own program!

 

 

Total Number of Sites: 200



30 Amps

Community Restrooms

Community Showers

Dump Station

Gasoline Nearby

General Store

Sewer Hookups

Water Hookups

Clubhouse

Community BBQ/Grill

Dirt Roads

Laundry Facilities

Pets Allowed

Playground

Pull-Thru RV Sites

RV Hookup



Biking

Hiking

Stargazing

Swimming Outdoors

Wildlife Viewing

Historic Sightseeing

Horseback Riding



55-plus

Extended Stay

Family Friendly

Military

Mobile Home Community

Pet Friendly

Rentals

RVing






Overall Rating: 2.6


Martha Jones-Rose

4.0
I agree that Butterfield Ranch is isolated, yet I have a roof over my head and I am inside, out of the elements of Nature. MTS will start providing their one bus per week out here (on Fridays) to Butterfield Ranch when the owner gets more tenants living here. The owner only bought the property back in June of 2018 and needs to be given a chance to get repairs done AND get rid of those units that are not habitable. The landlord has allowed people to live out of their personal vehicle until a unit is brought in for them. The landlord here, as with other landlords, cannot charge more than the going rate for a comparable unit. $1,800+ funding from the state is an exorbitant amount. I am on Section 8 and the State will pay the difference between what I pay and the going rate for my unit of $1,350. I pay 30% of my income towards the rent on my unit; the State pays the remaining 70%. The ONLY down side is the isolation issue. I cannot afford to pay what some of the neighbors want just for gas. note: I have changed my Star Review because I felt that I was being unfair to the property, the landlord and the other neighbors.

Martha Jones-Rose

2.0
I agree that Butterfield Ranch is isolated, yet I have a roof over my head and I am inside, out of the elements of Nature. MTS will start providing their one bus per week out here (on Fridays) to Butterfield Ranch when the owner gets more tenants living here. The owner only bought the property back in June of 2018 and needs to be given a chance to get repairs done AND get rid of those units that are not habitable. The landlord has allowed people to live out of their personal vehicle until a unit is brought in for them. The landlord here, as with other landlords, cannot charge more than the going rate for a comparable unit. $1,800+ funding from the state is an exorbitant amount. I am on Section 8 and the State will pay the difference between what I pay and the going rate for my unit of $1,350. I pay 30% of my income towards the rent on my unit; the State pays the remaining 70%. The ONLY down side is the isolation issue. I cannot afford to pay what some of the neighbors want just for gas.

Timothy Jones

1.0
I visited there and I have to say it leaves much to be desired

Scott Moore

1.0
The place is a work in progress. They have a lot of rough edges and broken stuff in need of repair which is all ok. What they do have there is clientele from the streets of El cajon, they have become some kind of dumping site for the homeless and disabled. At first you think hey these people are doing good things. But not so they get the money from the housing authority of SD put these poor helpless people in broke down trailers bought at auction. Some of them don't work at all. There is something wrong with every trailer they bring in. Theses people promise all sorts of stuff to them and never come through with any of it. They are located an hour away from civilization. Promised rides when ever they need, not true. No transportation at all. They get all the money from housing and charge the client even more ontop of that. They are getting upwards of 1800$ month for a 1 bedroom used mobile trailer on a rent to own contract of 5 years. This is no RV camp ground. This is a dumping site for the less fortunate that have no choice but to pay these out landish prices. Haven't our Vets paid enough. And to be lumbed in with long term disability cases that are all on street drugs. It's outrages. If you decide to go there don't leave anything out watch your stuff make sure u lock up everything and it would be wise to have locking gas caps and propane tanks. Good luck

Davina Bruno

5.0
This was our first time at an RV park that had more of a desert feel, and we liked it. There were certain attractions there that's not super common in the more tropical/foresty parks like hot springs. My husband and I soaked in the springs almost every day, and couldn't resist dirt-biking for hours. It was so much fun! He loves bird-watching, and this park has an excellent variety of birds, so when we needed to slow down, we spent quite a bit of time taking pictures and looking for some of the rarer breeds. Toward the end of the trip, we did a guided tour of the Anza-Borrego Desert. The guides were super helpful the whole way; it was definitely our favorite part of the whole trip. the park amenities were pretty great; the sites are full hookup, and there was a group discount which we're going to use when we come back with some friends. There was also a barbecue pit which we used more for s'mores than actual meat! It's an awesome park; two thumbs up! - Review provided by RV Park Recommendations & Reviews Facebook Group

14925 Great Southern Overland Stage Route, Julian, CA, 92036

Spacious natural ranch! Come enjoy our desert views, pools, farm animals and more. 

Cool off in the summer with any one of our three swimming pools. We also have a large clubhouse, equipped with a fireplace, large screen TV, comfortable seating, bar and pool table. Come see the resident farm animals and take a walk on our trails around the ranch, we are pet friendly (40 lb. maximum weight limit)! Walk across the road and take advantage of our dog park. Have children?Around the back of enjoy our spacious playground. Visit our general store that has all your basic necessities, that is open everyday. The ranch is handicap accessible and ramps can be built-in when necessary. Busses are available into Julian and other surrounding towns, once a week. There is also a school bus pick-up into Julian.

 

We provide 30 amp service and dump station on site. However, the nearest gas station is 30 miles away. Make sure you arrive on a full tank!