1. Plan Your Route
- A service like Roadtrippers can help you plan your trip by showing RV parks, hotels, and points of interest along the way and even estimate fuel costs. Heading to Aspen from Austin this winter to do some skiing? Roadtrippers makes sure you don’t miss the RV Museum in Amarillo, TX along the way!
2. Save Gas Money
- Use a gas price tracking app like Gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas in the area. Even just a savings of 18 cents a gallon can make a big difference on a 100+ gallon tank.
- Gas up at exits that feature multiple gas stations. The competition will ensure that you get a cheaper price than exits with only one.
- Try to keep your luggage as light as possible, which will make your vehicle lighter and help with fuel economy
- Use cruise control and obey the speed limit. Safe driving can actually help you save fuel
3. Keep Everyone Happy
Sure, a road trip can be a blast, but there can also be slow points. Kids get bored, and scenery can become monotonous. Here are some ways to pass the time:
- Check out some of best movies currently on Netflix or find out what’s new. Between Aziz Ansari’s new comedy and David Cross’ new show, the family will be too entertained to ask “are we there yet?” Think you’ve seen it all? Then strap in for Kung Fury, the tale of an 80’s cop who goes back in time to hunt down Hilter with the help of some dinosaurs (one of which is also a cop) and a Norse god.
- More of a mobile phone game family? Here are some of the best game apps of 2015
- Need something a little less mind-numbing for the little ones? How about some classic kids road trip games
- Catch up on some of the NY Times Best Sellers
4. See Some Weird Stuff
5. Eat Healthy
- Pack your own food in a cooler
- Use the Around Me app to find healthier choices around you. The app will pull up restaurants close to you through your GPS and gives distances and directions.
- If you come across a healthy option but the family isn’t hungry yet, stop anyway and buy something for later. By the time everyone’s ready to eat you could be in Taco Bell territory.
Planning an amazing road trip does not need to be a headache. With these simple tips, your family can have memories that last a lifetime.
Latest posts by RoverPass (see all)
- Introducing the RoverPass Reservation Management System - August 26, 2019
- RoverPass Profile: Alvord Hot Springs - July 25, 2019
- What to Look for in Reservation Software: Fall Hollow RV Park - March 25, 2019